Despite the fact that lots of the vacationers in most cases keep in Prague’s Previous The city right through their vacation, there’s a lot more to look and do within the shut environment of the pretty Czech capital… however when you’ve ended up in this publish you understand that!
That can assist you avoid wasting treasured time researching, I’ve already completed the task for you and picked up right here the very best day journeys from Prague, together with many forms of vacationer points of interest from historical castles to nationwide parks, strolling excursions, captivating cities and extra.
I additionally incorporated some lodging choices to stick in Prague for various budgets, so you will have actually the whole lot you wish to have right here!
The one factor you need to do is get started studying this weblog. So take hold of a cup of espresso and get your self relaxed… Are you in a position? Let’s pass!
In case you are in a rush
In case you are in a hurry and also you don’t have time to learn the entire publish, take a look at the most efficient of the most efficient day outing excursions from Prague, Czech Republic that you simply must e book upfront:
Listed here are the primary issues to e book upfront:
Take a look at this map to visualise the place the entire very best day journeys from Prague, Czech Republic, are positioned:
1. Take a look at Karlstejn Citadel
The Karlstejn Citadel, the previous summer season place of dwelling of Charles IV, is a Gothic fort positioned above the village of Karlstejn, about 1-hour force from Prague (or a 45-minute teach journey).
While you get to Karlstejn village, it is very important do a 30-minute hike as much as the fort, however it’s unquestionably price it! As soon as there, you are going to get breathtaking perspectives of the panorama and the small the town under, however the true appeal is within the fort!
Right here you are going to in finding the Chapel of the Holy Pass, webhosting the shining king’s jewels and royal space treasures, some historic rooms with treasured furniture, plus the Karlstejn Citadel’s storybook façade is solely surprising to stare upon.
You’ll get admission to the interiors of the Karlštejn Citadel most effective thru guided excursions. You’ll e book while you get there (the elemental excursion prices €10 in keeping with individual and lasts 1 hour, however you’ll be able to take a look at the total checklist right here), however the appeal is at all times tremendous crowded so I strongly counsel you e book a guided excursion on-line upfront.
This half-day outing looks after the shipping from Prague town heart and will provide you with get admission to to a skip-the-line price tag front for most effective €65, so that you received’t need to take into accounts the rest!
- By means of Automotive: the adventure takes 1 hour by means of D5/E50 freeway
- By means of Educate: Take an instantaneous teach from Prague Major Station, it is going to value you €3 and take you round 45 mins.
- By means of guided excursion: This half-day outing from Prague prices €65 and lasts 4 hours
2. Discover Ceský Krumlov the town and chateau
The picturesque the town of Český Krumlov lies 2 hours force from Prague, at the captivating Vltava River. Town itself this is tremendous captivating however the primary appeal is Český Krumlov’s spectacular fort and a UNESCO Global Heritage Website online! This one is unquestionably a should do outing from Prague!
Town itself is tremendous captivating with its cobbled streets, colourful homes, and the Svornosti historical sq., whilst the fort is a part of an enormous advanced together with immense stunning gardens, a Baroque theater, a museum, a fort tower, or even an outdated fort moat with 2 giant bears residing inside of!
FUN FACT: The fort is among the Czech Republic’s maximum visited points of interest and moment greatest fort within the nation after Prague fort!
Basic admission to the Citadel Museum and Citadel Tower will value you €7, however you’ll be able to get the entire data you wish to have plus some extra points of interest to look right through your seek advice from in our information to the very best issues to do in Cesky Krumlov.
I like to recommend staying in Cesky Krumlov for a few nights, however when you don’t have the time and are in search of a enjoyable day outing, I counsel you e book this Cesky Krumlov full-day Travel from Prague. It combines a strolling excursion of the outdated the town and the fort with a reside information and a scenic round-trip journey in the course of the Bohemian nation-state, for €88 in keeping with individual.
- By means of Automotive: 2 hours by means of D3 and Path 3
- By means of bus: take a bus from such a bus stops in Prague for round 3 hours and €6. (Buses run each and every hour from 6 am to 7 pm).
- By means of Educate: Take the teach for three hours and €15, operating each and every 2 hours from Prague primary teach station to Cesky Krumlov.
- By means of guided excursion: This guided excursion lasts the entire day and prices €88
3. Consult with the entire points of interest of Kutná Hora
Kutná Hora is a former silver mining the town which used to be referred to as the “nationwide treasury” because of its essential silver mine and is positioned about an hour’s force from Prague.
As of late, this medieval the town is a UNESCO Global Heritage web site and has numerous attention-grabbing issues to provide, from monuments to stunning structure, the Italian Courtroom (the place cash have been as soon as minted), historical chapels and extra, however the preferred points of interest are Barbara’s Cathedral and the Sedlec Ossuary.
Inbuilt 1338, Barbara’s Cathedral is unquestionably a must-see if you’re in Kutna Kahora, that includes vaulted ceiling, ornate frescoes, extravagantly embellished interiors, in addition to a mural of the Imaginative and prescient of St. Ignatius.
To get admission to this distinctive cathedral with glorious Gothic structure, it is very important pay a €6 price tag, and the seek advice from itself will take you about 1h.
Sedlec Ossuary (Bone Church) in Kutná Hora
The Sedlec Ossuary (Bone Church), any other UNESCO Global Heritage web site within the Czech Republic, is a small chapel positioned underneath the Cemetery Church of All Saints webhosting the second-largest ossuary in Europe (the primary one is the Paris Catacombs).
This church is totally embellished with 40,000 to 65,000 human skulls and bones of people that died from the plague, cholera epidemics, and warfare conflicts. Despite the fact that it’s fairly creepy, where is terribly interesting!
To get admission to you are going to most effective need to pay €6 and the seek advice from usually takes round 20 mins however you’ll be able to keep there longer if you wish to have. Don’t omit it… you are going to by no means see the sort of factor!
NOTE: You’ll mix those 2 nice points of interest (Barbara’s Cathedral and the Sedlec Ossuary) on this half-day excursion from Prague, additionally together with a seek advice from to the well-preserved the town heart and round-trip transportation for €71: a really perfect worth for the fee!
- By means of Automotive: It’ll take you round 1h by means of D11
- By means of teach: Take the teach from the central teach station in Prague to Kutná Hora for 1.5h and €30
- By means of guided excursion: This half-day excursion from Prague combines a seek advice from to the city heart, Barbara’s Cathedral, and the Sedlec Ossuary for €71
4. Loosen up on the sizzling springs of Karlovy Range
Karlovy Range is a gorgeous town, about an hour and a half of force from Prague, very best for any individual in search of a distinct vacation spot to calm down with a relaxed environment and a variety of items to do.
DID YOU KNOW? Town used to be named after Charles IV, King of Bohemia and Holy Roman Emperor, who based it in 1370!
As of late, Karlovy Range is principally referred to as a spa the town identified for its healing sizzling springs and 12 herbal mineral springs… very best for spending an afternoon in complete leisure!
However as I stated, this hotel the town has such a lot to provide: nice structure, cultural points of interest just like the Moser Glassworks museum (the place you’ll be able to see stunning artwork gadgets in Bohemian crystal) and the well-known Karlovy Range World Movie Pageant from June thirtieth to July eighth, one of the crucial oldest competition in Europe!
One of the simplest ways to find the whole lot concerning the town is with this guided Karlovy Range day outing excursion, bringing you to the city’s stunning colonnades, 12 other springs or even the Christmas space with the Museum of Teddy bears for €81.
- By means of Automotive: To get to Karlovy Range it is going to take you lower than two hours by means of Path 6.
- By means of public shipping: Take the RegioJet bus for €7 (every manner) and a couple of.15 hours
- By means of guided excursion: This Prague to Karlovy Range excursion will value you €81 and final the entire day protecting the entire should see spots
5. Revel in nature on the Bohemian and Saxon Switzerland Nationwide Parks
If you wish to spend an afternoon totally nestled in Nature, I’ve the very best day outing from Prague for you: the Bohemian and Saxon Switzerland Nationwide Parks, positioned 1 hour and a half of from Prague.
Even if encompassing the similar house (positioned a ten mins force from every different), those two nationwide parks are other and are if truth be told positioned in 2 distinct nations (and feature separate entrances (each unfastened)).
The 2 parks are true paradises for mountaineering fanatics, webhosting kilometers of mountaineering trails and paths, particular rock formations and luxurious pine forests and so forth, however they do be offering some attention-grabbing points of interest on their very own.
The Saxon is known for the Bastei Bridge, the Citadel of Konigstein and Schrammsteine mountain with panoramic perspectives, whilst the Bohemian Nationwide Park for the Edmund Gorges (that you wish to have to discover on a gondola-style boat for an additional €2.50) and Pravčická Brána Pravcicka rock bridge!
I do know, it’s exhausting to choose from the 2, however you don’t need to! For those who sign up for this full-day tour, you are going to seek advice from either one of them with the way to customise the excursion for your choice and make a choice which points of interest of the 2 parks you wish to have to seek advice from, and also you received’t need to take into accounts transportation (which is fairly difficult) and lunch.
Relying on which studies you select (strolling alongside the Elbe River, taking a ship journey thru Gorges of Kamenice, having a 7 or 15-kilometer guided hike and extra) the overall worth will trade, but it surely begins from €158.
- By means of Automotive: Power 2h to get to the historical the town of Hřensko, the nearest town to the two parks entrances
- By means of teach (now not beneficial): Take an instantaneous teach from the central teach station in Prague to Děčín town (€24), then take any other teach to Schöna, Germany, (€2) for approximately half-hour and move the river via ferry (€2) for approximately two mins to Hřensko.
- By means of guided excursion: Sign up for this full-day tour combining a seek advice from to the Saxon and the Bohemian Switzerland Nationwide Parks, ranging from €158.
6. Consult with Terezin Focus Camp
Situated round 1-hour force from Prague, you are going to in finding Terezín. It is a the town of historic significance because it used to be occupied via the German Nazis right through the second one international warfare. While underneath career it used to be transformed right into a focus camp and held captured Jews sooner than they have been transferred to different focus camps.
Town hosts the small fort Theresienstadt, which used to be house to the jail of the Gestapo (Secret Police of Nazi Germany), a museum the place you’ll be able to uncover and listen to tales of the Jewish prisoners, and the Magdeburg Barracks.
You’ll seek advice from a lot of these points of interest via paying a complete front rate to the Terezín Ghetto Museum of €10 or sign up for this half-day excursion from Prague with a professional information. With the guided excursion you are going to have transportation incorporated and you’ll be able to find out about the whole lot about this previous tragedy, for €62.
- By means of Automotive: Power to Terezin Focus Camp for approximately 1h by means of E55
- By means of public transportation: Take the bus from Nádraží Holešovice station in Prague to Terezin for approximately 1.15h and €5 a method.
- By means of guided excursion: Sign up for this half-day excursion from Prague to Terezin Focus Camp with a professional information and transportation incorporated for €62.
7. Hike within the Bohemian Paradise
Situated round 1h from Prague, the Bohemian Paradise is a secure herbal house within the Bohemian area, which used to be declared a UNESCO Geopark in 2005.
If you wish to spend an afternoon totally nestled in nature, that is where to be, that includes distinctive rock formations, historical castles, sandstone hills, herbal bridges, historic constructions, mountaineering trails, and a lot more… no marvel why it draws guests from all over the place Europe!
For those who’re now not an energetic individual, you’ll be able to get there via automotive and journey thru one among its scenic routes, providing surprising perspectives of herbal landscapes and outdated fortresses like Trosky and Maximum castles… and the most efficient factor is that the front is totally unfastened!
In case you are an avid hiker, take a look at this wonderful full-day mountaineering excursion with an area information, who will convey you to observe a wonderful path (adjusted to person and crew wishes) and provide you with a extra intimate glimpse into the tradition and historical past of the realm, for €79.
The park is massive, so I unquestionably counsel exploring it with any person who guides you!
- By means of Automotive: Riding to the Bohemian paradise will take 1h by means of E65
- By means of public shipping: Take a bus from Prague Major station to the Bohemian Paradise: the adventure will take you round 1 hour and a half of, and value you €6
- By means of guided excursion: Sign up for this wonderful full-day hike excursion with an area information for €79.
8. Commute again in time at Krivoklat Citadel
For those who’re historical castles, you wish to have to try Krivoklat Citadel, perched on a forested hill within the Berounka River Valley, round 1h from Prague.
The Krivoklat fort has an overly wealthy historical past to find. It used to be constructed as a royal place of dwelling within the thirteenth century and used to be then used to host political prisoners right through the Center Ages… so this can be a just right position to commute again in time!
The fort’s Gothic interiors are simply wonderful, full of artwork, inventive gadgets and greater than 50,000 books. There’s even a Royal Chapel with carvings depicting angels bearing tools of torture (a reminder of its darker previous).
A price tag to the fort prices €10 and the seek advice from in most cases lasts round 1h, however you’ll be able to mix a seek advice from to the fort with a seek advice from to the Bohemia Crystal Glassworks in this personal day outing with a qualified native authorized information for €169, so that you received’t need to take into accounts transportation and also you be told so much concerning the historical past.
- By means of Automotive: A automotive adventure takes 1h by means of D6 and Path 236.
- By means of teach: Take the teach from Prague primary station to Krivoklat the town for 1.5h (€4), after which from the station stroll about 10 mins to the fort
- By means of guided excursion: This personal full-day outing brings you to seek advice from each the fort and the Bohemia Crystal Glassworks with a qualified native authorized information for €169, together with around outing transportation.
9. Drink some recent beer in Pilsen
Do you’re keen on beer? Then you wish to have to order a place right through your vacation for a outing to Pilsen, the homeland and birthplace of the well-known Pilsner Urquell brewery, positioned 1h from Prague.
FUN FACT: Pilsen is if truth be told the birthplace of 70% of all crafted and ate up beer on the earth!
Right here a must-do is to sign up for a excursion of the Pilsner Urquell brewery, right through which you are going to be told concerning the historical past, introduction, garage, and intake of this iconic beer and you find yourself, in fact with some recent beer tasting!
You’ll have an authentic excursion without delay from Pilsen, for €12 and about 2h, or sign up for this day outing from Prague, combining a seek advice from to Pilsen The city with a professional information – who will convey you to well-known points of interest just like the Cathedral of St. Bartholomew and the Techmania Science Middle – a excursion of the brewery and around outing shipping for €225.
- By means of Automotive: The adventure takes 1h by means of D5/E50
- By means of teach: Take a teach from Prague’s primary teach station to Pilsen for €5 and round 2h
- By means of guided excursion: This day outing from Prague, combines a guided seek advice from to Pilsen The city, a excursion of the brewery and around outing shipping for €225.
10. Spend a tranquil day at Ceské Budejovice
The small the town of České Budějovice, the provincial capital of South Bohemia is positioned 2h from Prague and is so captivating it’s unquestionably price a seek advice from.
If truth be told, all its primary points of interest are positioned within the outdated the town so you’ll be able to discover all of them simply walking round. Probably the most well-known one is the Přemysl Otakar II primary sq., house to the 18th-century Samson’s Fountain and surrounded via Baroque constructions like the lovely The city Corridor.
Different must-sees within the town are the 72-meter-tall Black Tower, positioned proper via the city corridor and providing some breathtaking perspectives over the primary sq. and the town, and the historical riverfront the place the Vltava and Malse rivers merge in combination, the very best spot to take a memento image!
For the reason that town is positioned most effective 20 minute’s force from Český Krumlov, there are lots of excursions that mix a seek advice from to the two cities. The most efficient one is that this full-day outing from Prague with a professional information, together with round-trip transportation and lunch in a historical eating place for €97.
- By means of Automotive: It takes round 2h by means of D3 and Path 3
- By means of teach: Take an instantaneous teach from Prague primary station to České Budějovice for €30 one-way
- By means of guided excursion: This full-day outing from Prague takes you to each Český Krumlov and České Budějovice with a professional information, together with around outing transportation and lunch in a historical eating place for €97.
The place to stick in Prague, Czech Republic
Now you will have your whole journeys arranged, I believed I might permit you to out with some lodging too.
Listed here are some lodging choices in Prague’s Previous the town, one of the crucial very best spaces to stick in Prague for vacationers, supplying you with get admission to to captivating cobblestone streets and to one of the crucial very best points of interest within the town, just like the Fifteenth-century astronomical clock tower and the well-known Charles Bridge.
- Luxurious (€180 and up): Grand Lodge Bohemia – Situated within the center of Prague overlooking the crimson roofs of the Previous The city, this luxurious resort provides chic rooms with surprising perspectives, a scrumptious on-site eating place and a fab bar the place you’ll be able to have a recent cocktail after dinner.
- Mid Vary (€60 – €160): Temper Charles Bridge – On this wonderful resort you are going to sleep in very spacious rooms with a personal toilet, get up with a scrumptious unfastened breakfast within the iciness lawn and spend your day visiting the within sight points of interest or figuring out on the gymnasium.
- Finances (as much as €50): Previous Prague Lodge – If you wish to get monetary savings right through your vacation in Prague, take a look at this wonderful resort within the outdated the town house, providing a unfastened breakfast served day by day, unfastened Wi-Fi and beautiful rooms with a side road view… focused on nice worth for the fee!
FAQs about day journeys from Prague
🚗 Which might be the most efficient day journeys from Prague, Czech Republic?
👨👨👧👧 Which might be the most efficient day journeys from Prague for households?
👍 Is Prague, Czech Republic, secure?
Sure, Prague is among the most secure towns in Europe for vacationers, and the Czech Republic normally is a rustic identified for its low crime charges.
🗓️ What number of days in Prague, Czech Republic, is sufficient?
Right here we’re on the finish of this wonderful information about the most efficient day journeys from Prague, the capital town of the Czech Republic.
We noticed actually a wide variety of vacationer points of interest, from historical castles just like the Karlštejn Citadel to nationwide parks for an afternoon outing in nature (just like the Saxon and Bohemian Switzerland Nationwide Parks), and historic cities reminiscent of Český Krumlov… so you will have one thing for any style right here.
If in case you have every other day outing tips for me, otherwise you merely have any questions, please percentage them within the feedback under, I can solution you once conceivable!
Have an ideal vacation!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!