Welcome to our newest BANGKOK TRAVEL GUIDE with pattern itinerary, finances breakdown and tips about discovering budget-friendly Bangkok excursions, lodges, and sights.
If backpacking have been a school level, Bangkok would need to be the 101 direction.
No longer best is Bangkok the probably the most visited metropolis on the planet, it additionally regarded as the worldwide epicenter of backpacking tradition. The famed Banana Pancake Path, in all probability Asia’s maximum used commute course, ceaselessly begins and results in the Thai capital. No surprise there, for the reason that it sits on the center of mainland Southeast Asia, boasts inexpensive costs, serves scrumptious native delicacies, and is house to one of the crucial maximum hospitable other people you’ll ever meet. Best possible of all, even throughout the pandemic, it stays tourist-friendly.
Now we have simply arrived from our 9th — sure, ninth — Bangkok go to, and on this article, we’ll percentage with you all of the guidelines and newest updates we’ve accrued.
Prior to we dive into the main points, right here’s a listing of hyperlinks to a few of our really useful lodges, excursions, sights, and different must-haves, for simple reference at some point.
Best Bangkok Lodges
Best Day Excursions on Klook
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
Bangkok is the capital and the economic, financial, and political heart of Thailand. The title Bangkok is an exonym, one thing that foreigners use. Thais name it Krung Thep (that means Town of Angels), brief for its legitimate title Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, which could also be a shortened model of its complete, ceremonial title: Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit.
To start with look, Bangkok seems as your standard highly-urbanized city, however a more in-depth glance unearths it stays very a lot involved with its previous. The town’s roots because the capital can also be traced again to 1782, when King Rama I, after the autumn of Ayutthaya in 1767, ordered the folk to transport south and identify a brand new heart at a extra militarily strategic location alongside the Chao Phraya River. Lots of Bangkok’s maximum visited sights these days have been constructed below King Rama I, together with the Grand Palace advanced and the opposite temples that will probably be mentioned within the information.
Listed below are a couple of extra details you wish to have to grasp:
- Language: Thai. For newly uncovered non-native audio system, it may be moderately intimidating, particularly its long phrases. It’s additionally a tonal language, i.e. the that means adjustments with the tone. However many highway and status quo indicators also are written in Latin alphabet. English isn’t typically spoken. You’ll come upon taxi drivers and distributors who can not talk English. However maximum more youthful locals can. And what the Thais lack in English fluency, they make up for with their pleasant perspective towards vacationers.
- Timezone: UTC+07:00 (ICT – Indochina Time), 12 months around. No sunlight saving time seen. Identical time zone as Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos. Thailand, basically, is one hour in the back of the Philippines, Singapore and Malaysia.
- Forex: Thai Baht (THB, ฿). TTHB100 is more or less USD 2.89, EUR 2.72, SGD 3.9, PHP 161 (as of December 2022).
- Modes of cost: Money. Even supposing some eating places and lodges settle for bank cards, smaller institutions favor money.
- Faith: Buddhism is the most important faith, practiced by way of nearly 93% of the inhabitants. Maximum others determine with Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism, and Confucianism.
Best possible Space to Keep
Bangkok is an unlimited metropolis, and most of the key sights are unfold aside. Fortunately, there also are numerous neighborhoods which can be preferrred puts to stick. What’s highest is determined by why you’re in Bangkok within the first position.
- If you happen to’re on the cheap, SIAM and SILOM have a sensible choice of hostels and finances lodges, particularly the spaces round BTS Nationwide Stadium Station or MRT Ratchathewi in Siam and BTS Sala Daeng and MRT Si Lom in Silom. From any of those, many of the sights simply out there, making sure financial savings on transportation. Affordable meals spots also are scattered round those districts.
- If you happen to’re backpacking or after Bangkok’s wild nightlife, the KHAO SAN house will have to be your best choice. Khao San Street is loud, however it’s the place backpackers from around the globe congregate. The world additionally harbors numerous hostels and different accommodation choices for finances vacationers. It’s additionally simply out there from the Grand Palace and town’s widespread temples.
- If you happen to’re right here to buy ’til you drop, the PRATUNAM and SIAM spaces are preferrred on account of the various cut price facilities and buying groceries shops round.
- If you want to enjoy trendy Bangkok, the SUKHUMVIT house has numerous eating, buying groceries, and clubbing choices, together with lots of its famed rooftop bars. It’s additionally the place maximum expats are primarily based, making a extra cosmopolitan vibe.
- If you happen to’re a foodie, SILOM and CHINATOWN are house to one of the crucial highest however inexpensive meals spots within the metropolis. Silom is the trade district with the Lumphini Park, Bangkok’s greatest inexperienced area, at its heart, making sure a stability between quiet and chaos. The BANGLAMPHU house (close to the Democracy Monument and Khao San Street) additionally has a super choice of Michelin-listed pocket-friendly eating places.
A majority of these spaces are with ease positioned as a result of there are BTS/MRT stations close by. Neatly, nearly. The one exception is KHAO SAN / BANGLAMPHU, which is a 30-minute stroll clear of the closest BTS Station (Sam Yot). However Khao San is on the subject of a pier, the place you’ll board a ship to get to key sights alongside Chao Phraya River. As opposed to that, tuktuk and taxi are the primary transportation choices to and from Khao San. That stated, I will nonetheless counsel staying there, particularly if you want to have a style of Bangkok’s backpacking tradition.
If you want to keep someplace simply out there, the SILOM and SIAM spaces are my height suggestions. Each have quite a few BTS/MRT stations and be offering slightly little bit of each factor that the opposite districts have to supply — just right meals, buying groceries, and nightlife.
Best Finances Lodges & Hostels in Bangkok
Listed below are one of the crucial top-reviewed hostels and finances lodges on Agoda that gained’t cost a fortune:
Best Mid-Vary/Upscale Lodges in Bangkok
You probably have a larger finances, listed here are the highest houses on Agoda:
Bangkok is among the busiest and maximum hooked up towns on the planet. If you happen to’re dwelling in a big metropolis, chances are high that, there’s a right away flight from the place you might be to Bangkok.
The town is served by way of two airports:
- Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK), the more recent and larger airport, serving maximum airways, except for a couple of low cost carriers. It’s located east of town right kind, more or less 1 hour away.
- Don Mueang Airport (DMK), serving most commonly AirAsia, Nok Air, Thai Lion Air, and TigerAir Taiwan. It lies north of town heart, 45 mins to one hour away, relying on visitors prerequisites.
Manila to Bangkok
If you happen to’re flying from Manila, it’s simple to seek out direct, continuous flights to Bangkok as a couple of airways function this course. As of this writing, listed here are your choices:
TO SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT (BKK)
- Philippine Airways
- Cebu Pacific Air
- Thai Airlines
TO DON MUEANG AIRPORT (DMK)
Go back and forth time: 3.5 to 4 hours.
For our most up-to-date go to, we flew with Philippine Airways for lots of causes:
- 30 kg check-in luggage allowance. Maximum different airways best supply 20kg. Even supposing we were to Bangkok repeatedly prior to, this will be the first time we meant to buy groceries right here. Bangkok is a retail paradise, so cut price hunters can simply have a box day at any in their buying groceries facilities. It became out to be a super resolution as a result of we actually did use nearly all of the 30 kg.
- FREE rebooking. There have been numerous uncertainties about this fresh go back and forth. Once we booked our tickets, we nonetheless weren’t made up our minds but on how lengthy we would have liked to stick in Thailand. It used to be a multi-city go back and forth and we weren’t certain if we additionally sought after to go to Chiang Mai and Koh Samui. We would have liked extra flexibility, simply in case. As of this writing, PAL doesn’t fee further rebooking charges if the brand new flight is inside of 60 days after the unique flight. (However double examine first as a result of airline insurance policies exchange ceaselessly in this day and age.) Fare distinction nonetheless must be settled, regardless that.
To check price ticket costs, you could seek Skyscanner!
Simply in the event you neglected it, Bangkok has two airports: Don Mueang Airport (DMK), positioned 25 km north of town heart, and the brand new Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK), 30 km west of town heart.
We’ll be making a extra detailed information about this. However right here’s a condensed rundown of the techniques to get to downtown Bangkok from both airport.
Suvarnabhumi Airport to Bangkok Town Heart
By means of Teach
The AIRPORT RAIL LINK is the quickest strategy to get to town right kind since you’ll be dodging Bangkok’s notorious visitors jams. You’ll be able to to find the station on the basement of the airport’s passenger terminal. There’s a educate each quarter-hour from 6am to twelve nighttime (each 10 mins inside the height hours).
It’s hooked up to town’s BTS Skytrain at two stations: Makkasan (฿35) and Phayathai (฿45), the final station. Go back and forth time: round 25 mins.
Relying on the place your resort is positioned, you’ll transfer traces.
- To SUKHUMVIT or SILOM Space: You’ll be able to attach at both Makkasan or Phayathai Station. To find out the station closest for your resort and switch to both the MRT Blue Line at Makkasan Station (then to Petchaburi Station) or to BTS Sukhumvit Line (Mild Inexperienced Line) at Phayatai Station.
- To SIAM Space: Alight at Phayathai Station and switch to BTS Sukhumvit Line (Mild Inexperienced Line). Catch a educate certain for Kheha. Get off at Siam Station (or no matter station is closest for your ultimate vacation spot).
- To VICTORY MONUMENT Space: Attach at Phayathai Station and switch to BTS Sukhumvit Line (Mild Inexperienced Line). Catch a educate certain for Kho Khot. Alight at Victory Monument Station.
- To KHAO SAN Space: Alight at Makkasan Station, switch to MRT Blue Line at Petchaburi Station, and get off at Sam Yot Station. From right here, take a cab, tuktuk or Snatch to Khao San.
By means of Taxi or Snatch
If you happen to’re a bunch or when you have heavy baggage in tow, imagine taking a cab or ebook a Snatch automotive instantly from the airport (particularly when you’ll be staying Khao San house). If you happen to go for a taxi, all the time insist on the usage of the meter.
Go back and forth time: 45 mins to one hour
Fare: round ฿400
Airport surcharge: ฿50
Freeway toll charges: ฿75
฿530 and ฿600, inclusive of toll charge or freeway charge. That is in keeping with the enjoy of our staff.
Don Mueang Airport to Bangkok Town Heart
By means of Teach
In step with reviews, the Don Mueang Airport used to be in spite of everything hooked up to Bangkok’s educate community in August 2022. I say “consistent with reviews” as a result of we haven’t attempted this ourselves but.
From the airport, you’ll stroll to the Don Mueang Station, alongside the SRT Darkish Pink Line. Board the educate certain for Bang Sue and alight there, on the final quit. Switch to the MRT Blue Line.
- To SILOM Space: Maximum stations in Silom are alongside the Blue Line, so simply get off on the station closest for your resort.
- To SIAM Space: Alight at Chatuchak Park Station and switch to BTS Sukhumvit Line (Mild Inexperienced Line) at Mochit Station. Catch a educate certain for Kheha. Get off at Siam Station (or no matter station is closest for your ultimate vacation spot).
- To VICTORY MONUMENT Space: Attach at Phayathai Station and switch to BTS Sukhumvit Line (Mild Inexperienced Line). Catch a educate certain for Kheha. Alight at Victory Monument Station.
- To SUKHUMVIT Space: The Sukhumvit house has numerous stations which can be both alongside the MRT Blue Line or the BTS Sukhumvit Line (Mild Inexperienced Line). If the nearest station for your resort is alongside the Blue Line, it’s going to be simple since you’re already at the identical line. In case your resort is nearer to a Mild Inexperienced line, alight at Chatuchak Park and switch at Mochit Station. Then, board a educate certain for Kheha.
- To KHAO SAN Space: Alight at Sam Yot Station (alongside the similar Blue Line) and take a cab, tuktuk or Snatch to Khao San.
If, for no matter explanation why, you don’t like taking the educate instantly from Don Mueang Airport, you’ll additionally take the bus and the transfer to BTS/MRT. And apply the stairs above.
By means of Bus
There are direct buses from Don Mueang Airport to choose locations round Bangkok.
- To MOCHIT BUS TERMINAL: Bus A1
- To BTS MO CHIT STATION: Bus A1
- To VICTORY MONUMENT: Bus A2
- To BTS RATCHADAMRI STATION: Bus A3
- To LUMPHINI PARK: Bus A3
- To KHAO SAN ROAD: Bus A4
Fare: ฿30-50, relying on course
To peer the entire listing of stops, go to this web page.
By means of Taxi or Snatch
If you need a easier adventure, imagine taking a cab or ebook a Snatch automotive instantly from the airport (particularly when you’ll be staying Khao San house).
Go back and forth time: 45 mins to one hour, relying on visitors
Fare: round ฿540 (together with ฿50 airport surcharge)
If you happen to go for a taxi, all the time insist on the usage of the meter.
Knowledge Sim Card
That is the most affordable and maximum handy possibility. Klook has two primary choices: TrueMove and dTac. Each be offering:
- 15GB information for as much as 16 days
- Web connection anyplace in Thailand
- Inclusive of FREE name credit
- Pickup at Suvarnabhumi Airport or Don Muang Airport
In case your telephone is locked to your own home community or you’ve gotten extra units to attach, you’ll hire a pocket wifi. You’ll to find many wifi apartment cubicles round Bangkok, however if you wish to keep hooked up from the get-go, you’ll reserve one prematurely by the use of Klook and simply select it up on the airport, both at Don Muang Airport or Suvarnabhumi Airport.
If you happen to’re coming from Manila, you’ll additionally get one at NAIA Terminal 3. Both means, they are able to accommodate as much as 5 units at one.
The Thais have their very own deal with gadget and primary timers in Bangkok can also be simply disoriented. Wikitravel explains it actually neatly: “Huge roads akin to Silom or Sukhumvit are thanon whilst the facet streets branching off from them are referred to as soi. Sois are numbered, with even numbers on one facet and bizarre numbers at the different facet. Thus, an deal with like 25 Sukhumvit Soi 3 way space quantity 25 at the third soi of Sukhumvit Street.”
Even supposing it’s not as sweat-free as in Hong Kong or Singapore, commuting in Bangkok is moderately simple. Vehicular visitors can get loopy throughout rush hour regardless that. However when you’re used to the large parking zone that runs throughout Manila referred to as EDSA, you’ll be high-quality in Bangkok (or another Southeast Asian metropolis for that topic).
Getting round by the use of public transportation way the usage of a number of of those 4 modes:
- Teach (BTS Skytrain/MRT). Bangkok’s educate gadget is speedy and dependable, and can take you to many sights all over town. I all the time to find myself taking the educate more often than not as a result of many sights are positioned on the subject of a station. Additionally, it lets in me to circumvent visitors jams particularly throughout rush hours. Even supposing hooked up at a couple of stations, the BTS and the MRT are totally separate methods, run by way of other managements and use other tickets. The fares for each are equivalent, starting from 16 to 52 baht. Maximum stations have a counter than can wreck your huge expenses and a price ticket device that accepts expenses. For a extra handy adventure on BTS, use a Rabbit Card (stored-value price ticket) or a One-Day Cross (limitless rides for 1 day).
- Boat. The 2 boat services and products working in Bangkok are the Chao Phraya Specific Boat, which plies up and down the Chao Phraya River and is widespread amongst vacationers for it stops at most of the metropolis’s hottest landmarks; and the Saen Saep Specific Boat, used most commonly by way of locals who travel to paintings. The Chao Phraya boat is the most suitable option for you when you intend to go to the Grand Palace advanced (at Tha Chang) and Wat Pho (at Tha Tien), and Khao San Street (at Phra Athit) inside of at some point! Each the Chao Phraya TOURIST BOAT and the inexpensive ORANGE-FLAG BOAT will make a quit at those key vacationer sights. Fare: vacationer boat, ฿50 unmarried trip or ฿180 for day move; orange-flag boat, ฿15 flat fee.
- Taxi/Snatch. If my vacation spot is simply too a long way from a educate or boat station, I’d simply hail a cab. A trip prices greater than in Manila however nowhere close to the charges in Hong Kong or Singapore. The flagdown is 35 baht and the typical trip inside the metropolis is most definitely round 100. You may come upon cab drivers who make the most of vacationers by way of now not the usage of the meter after which overcharging. If the motive force refuses to make use of the meter, simply get off the automobile. Know that every one cabs in Bangkok should use the meter. Many of those drivers stay up for vacationer passengers at the preferred sights like temples and Khao San Street.
- Tuktuk. I didn’t even hassle. They’re very pricey, much more pricey than cabs, and lots of (now not all, but it surely’s arduous to grasp) are enthusiastic about scams. If you happen to actually need to check out for the heck of it, simply agree at the value first.
Prior to we enumerate the various sights looking ahead to you in Bangkok, let us introduce KLOOK PASS BANGKOK & PATTAYA. This price ticket will provide you with as much as 45% bargain. The move is legitimate for 30 days upon affirmation.
The way it works is understated. With this move, you’ll have get right of entry to to quite a few sights. You get to make a choice what number of and what those sights will probably be. Step one is to make a choice what number of sights you need your move to hide and buy the move. As soon as paid, you’ll move to the BOOKING phase or your app or account, and redeem it. Say, if you are going to buy a 3-attraction move, you’ll ebook as much as 3 sights from the listing. Some sights may additionally require you to order afterwards.
Listed below are the sights in Bangkok and Phuket you can make a choice from:
- Mahanakhon Skywalk
- Siam Wonderful Park
- Safari Global
- SEA LIFE Bangkok Ocean Global
- Madame Tussauds Bangkok
- Pororo Aquapark
- Sanctuary of Reality
- Dream Global
- Frost Magical Ice of Siam
- Underwater Global
- Historical Town Museum
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Marketplace
- Grand Palace and Emerald Buddha
- Wat Pho & Wat Arun Strolling Excursion
- One Extra Thai Therapeutic massage
- Chao Phara Princess Dinner Cruise
- Alcazar Cabaret Display
- Tiffany’s Display
- Bangkok Hop on Hop Off Bus
How a lot you save is determined by what you ebook. Irrespective of the sights you apply it to, the cost of the move stays the similar. So what we advise is to make use of this move on dear sights.
Listed below are examples on how it’s essential to save the usage of this move:
Grand Palace and Temples Excursion
If you happen to’re have compatibility and also you experience strolling, you’ll be happy to grasp that most of the metropolis’s key sights are positioned inside of strolling distance of one another. As an example, Bangkok’s hottest temples and shrines, Chinatown, or even Siriraj Forensic Museum are simply out there from the Chao Phraya River and can also be simply visited in at some point.
Methods to get there: If you happen to’re from Silom, Siam or Sukhumvit spaces, take the educate to Saphan Taksin Station. Take Go out 2, and stroll to the boat terminal. Purchase a price ticket and board a ship to both Tha Thien or Tha Chang. Boat fare is ฿50 when you board the vacationer boat or ฿15 if orange-flag boat.
Listed below are the standard stops:
- Grand Palace. A fancy of constructions, pavilions, and courtyards together with the Temple of the Emerald Buddha. The doorway charge additionally comprises admission to “Khon: Thai Classical Masked Dance”.
Boat quit: Tha Chang Pier (No. 9).
Opening hours: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (Price tag counters shut at 3:30 PM).
Front charge: ฿500.
- Wat Arun. One of the recognizable landmark in Bangkok with a 70m tall spire (referred to as prang).
Boat quit: Tha Thien pier (N8) after which go the river on a smaller boat.
Opening hours: 8:00 AM-6:00 PM
Front charge: ฿100, inclusive of bottled water.
- Wat Pho. Famed for the giant reclining Buddha that it properties.
Boat quit: Tha Thien pier (N8) after which stroll up the perpendicular highway to Wat Pho.
Opening hours: 8:00 AM-6:30 PM
Front charge: ฿200, inclusive of bottled water.
Get dressed Code: The rule of thumb is to have your shoulders, knees, and heels coated. The next don’t seem to be allowed:
- Shorts, brief skirts, mini-skirts, tight becoming trousers
- Torn trousers/pants
- Sando, vests, sleeveless shirts
- See-through shirts
The control used to hire out pants to inadequately dressed vacationers, however in all probability on account of the pandemic, they just promote the ones now for ฿200 apiece.
Even supposing it’s totally conceivable to tug this off DIY-style, it’s nonetheless a lot more really useful to sign up for a guided excursion so you’ve gotten higher appreciation of each and every web site. Those are ancient and cultural landmarks that grasp such a lot importance for the Thai other people. You’ll be able to ebook a guided excursion on Klook, which contains all front charges, boat switch charge, insurance coverage, and the provider of an English-speaking information.
Floating Markets & Railway Marketplace
Excluding its ornate spires and temples, Bangkok could also be highest identified for its floating markets. However in fact, those boat-navigated markets are if truth be told positioned outdoor the capital. Two of probably the most out there are:
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Marketplace in Ratchaburi Province
- Amphawa Floating Marketplace in Samut Songkhram
A go to includes boarding a small boat as you negotiate the marketplace canals. Quite a lot of memento and meals choices round!
Some other marketplace that has been attracting throngs of visitors is the Marklong Railway Marketplace. Sure, railway, as it’s arrange alongside the educate tracks. And when a educate chugs alongside, watch and be amazed by way of how the distributors make means for it. You’ll be able to additionally spend an hour chilling at a railway cafe.
Klook has excursions that mix Maeklong Railway Marketplace with both Damnoen or Amphawa Marketplace — your selection. There are a number of departure instances to be had so make a choice probably the most handy for you.
At 314 meters tall, King Energy Mahanakhon is certainly one of Thailand’s tallest constructions, housing a resort, residential devices and vacationer sights. From the outdoor, it looks as if a pixelated skyscraper, a design that simply captivates. Within, a multimedia elevator will take you to the best possible outside commentary deck within the nation, permitting a powerful view of Bangkok and surrounding spaces.
However maximum guests are right here for the Skywalk. Atop the development is a space with a tumbler flooring you can stroll on, making a nerve-wracking however lovely mind-blowing enjoy.
You want to put on the shoe covers equipped onsite prior to you’re allowed to step on it. And cell phones (and different free pieces) are NOT allowed inside the glass tray house. Which means that you gained’t be capable of take a selfie whilst at the glass. If you happen to’re after pictures, highest to go to with any individual else. Or when you’re touring by myself, make pals with different solo guests and simply take pictures of one another.
Location: 114 1 Naradhiwas Rajanagarindra Street, Bang Rak, Bangkok
Nearest Station: Chong Nonsi BTS Station
Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday, 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM (Mahanakhon SkyWalk);
Front Rate: Mahanakhon SkyWalk (Indoor & Rooftop) – Grownup, ฿836; Kid (3-15 y/o), ฿250; Senior (Above 60 y/o), ฿250.
Just a restricted selection of tickets are offered in line with day, so it’s highest to ebook prematurely. You’ll be able to reserve on-line by the use of Klook! You’ll be able to additionally take a look at different Mahanakhon enjoy bundle choices and make a choice the person who fits your desire.
No Bangkok go back and forth is entire with out getting a style of its (in)well-known nightlife. We already discussed Khao San Street, the backpacker mecca. It’s crowded, loud, and wild. Thunderous tune from nightclubs and the scrumptious scent of boulevard meals fill the air, whilst vacationers fill each vacant seat, desk and nook.
Excluding Khao San, Bangkok has a number of different nightlife districts! Maximum golf equipment and bars are secure, however as in another primary metropolis, now not all. Scams focused on vacationers do exist at some institutions. You’ve most definitely heard about vacationers coming into a bar after which now not being allowed to depart with out paying a hefty value for a ridiculously overpriced drink.
If you need to check out Bangkok nightlife and make sure to’re in just right arms, you could sign up for a guided excursion. Klook has two primary choices: a bar hopping excursion, extra like a pub move slowly, and a Hangover excursion, the place you get to go to the bars featured in The Hangover 2 film (together with a ping pong display)!
Dream Global Bangkok
Bangkok has its justifiable share of theme parks, too! And on height of that listing is Dream Global, a 25-hectare journey park that includes over 40 rides, presentations, and different sights, unfold round 4 key zones!
One of the crucial hottest rides are the cable automotive, Sky Coaster (rollercoaster), Twister, Vikings (pendulum trip), and Grand Canyon (water rapids)!
- Dream Global Visa (26 rides with limitless time in line with trip EXCEPT Alien, Bump Automobile, and Haunted Space, which can also be loved as soon as best): ฿600
- Dream Global Tremendous Visa (comprises all of the rides for limitless time): ฿1,000
- Kids underneath 90cm: FREE
Opening Hours: Monday – Friday, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM; Saturday – Sunday, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM. The time table would possibly exchange, so it’s highest to test up to date opening hours prior to going.
Location: 62 Moo 1, Rangsit-Ongkharak Street (Km.7), Thanyaburi, Pathum Thani
Methods to Get to Dream Global: From Victory Monument BTS Station, take Bus No. 523 or 538 to Dream Global.
Dream Global could be very widespread even amongst locals, so it’s possible you’ll need to ebook your price ticket prematurely to skip the road. You might also upload transfers.
Siam Wonderful Park
The Siam Wonderful Park is the biggest theme park in Thailand and is house to the biggest wave pool on the planet (consistent with the Guinness Global Information). You’ll be able to additionally experience exhilarating rides together with Southeast Asia’s first suspended looping coaster with 5 inversions and the 7-story water slides.
Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM. The time table would possibly exchange, so it’s highest to test up to date opening hours prior to going.
Front Rate: Grownup, ฿1000; Kid, ฿850; Kids underneath 101cm, FREE.
Location: 203 Suan Sayam Street, Khan Na Yao, Bangkok
Methods to Get There: From Victory Monument BTS Station, head against Ko Din Daeng Bus Prevent by the use of the round skywalk, then take Bus No. 168 or 36ก to Siam Wonderful Park.
Guests should acquire their tickets a minimum of at some point prematurely. You’ll be able to ebook on-line by the use of Klook! You’ll be able to additionally make a choice the bundle — mix your price ticket with a global lunch buffet or mix it with each lunch and shared switch.
Ayutthaya Day Excursion
Based within the 1350s, Ayutthaya used to be Siam’s outdated capital prior to it used to be destroyed by way of the Burmese. As of late, on the other hand, portions of its wonderful previous nonetheless shine by way of, particularly on the Ayutthaya Historic Park, the place 4 primary temples get up to these days: Wat Mahathat, Wat Phra Ram, Wat Phra Si Sanphet, and Wat Ratchaburana – the Royal Palace and Wiharn Phra Mongkol Bophit. It used to be declared a UNESCO Global Heritage Website in 1991.
Mendacity about 80 km from Bangkok, it’s simply out there and can also be visited on an afternoon go back and forth. You’ll be able to do that independently by way of taking public transportation after which hiring a tuktuk to excursion you round. (We’ll write a separate publish about it.) But when you wish to have a information and you need any individual else to handle the whole thing for you, you’ll ebook with Klook.
Pattaya Day Excursion
Pattaya is some other widespread day go back and forth vacation spot from Bangkok, thank you principally to its proximity, simply round 150 km and more or less 2.5 hours away. The nearest primary seaside vacation spot to the capital, it’s best identified for water sports activities, island excursions, and seaside actions. But it surely additionally harbors some cultural constructions like Wat Phra Yai Temple and the Sanctuary of Reality.
Leap-Off Level: Bangkok Jap Bus Terminal/Ekkamai Bus Terminal or Mo Chit Bus Terminal (Bus); Hua Lamphong Railway Station (Teach)
Methods to Get to Pattaya: By means of bus, move to Bangkok Jap Bus Terminal, then take the bus certain for Pattaya. The commute time is ready two and a part hours. The only-way fare is ฿130-200 in line with individual. By means of educate, move to Hua Lamphong Station and get on a educate to Pattaya. The commute time is 2-3 hours, relying on the kind of educate. The fare is ฿30-฿300, relying at the price ticket elegance. The educate for Pattaya typically leaves early within the morning — round 6:00 AM.
If you need a handy roundtrip switch between Bangkok and Pattaya, you’ll simply sign up for a guided excursion. Klook provides Pattaya Seaside and Koh Larn Coral Island Complete Day Excursion from Bangkok. This covers roundtrip transfers, an English-speaking information, a Sanctuary of Reality price ticket, insurance coverage, and bottled water.
Muay Thai Fit
If you happen to’ve ever sought after to witness a reside muay thai fit, there’s no higher position to make that occur than Bangkok! The 2 commonplace venues are:
- Lumpinee Boxing Stadium
6 Ramintra Street, Anusawaree,
- Rajadamnern Thai Boxing Stadium
1 Ratcha Damnoen Nok Street,
You’ll be able to protected your slot prematurely and get discounted price ticket by way of reserving on-line by way of Klook!
- Siriraj Clinical Museum. No longer for the faint of center! Often referred to as the Museum of Loss of life, it properties an enormous selection of artifacts collected within the 120 years of the Siriraj Sanatorium’s provider as a pioneer within the clinical box within the nation. Those items are divided into seven smaller museums devoted to parasitology, anatomy, and forensic science amongst others. It’s a must-visit for darkish tourism fanatics and people who merely want to be told extra about those fields.
Methods to get there: Board the SkyTrain to S6 Saphan Taksin Station, take Go out 2, and hop onto a Chao Phraya Specific Boat to Siriraj Pier N10 or Tha Rot Fai Pier, each at the west facet of the river. Stroll a few blocks into the clinic advanced. Observe the indicators to Adulyadej Vikrom Construction. The museum is on the second one flooring. Extra information: Siriraj Museum
- iconSIAM. Opened in 2018, this large buying groceries mall is among the greatest in Asia. It’s bursting with retail retail outlets together with luxurious labels and budget-friendlier choices, and the primary Takashiyama Division Retailer within the nation. But it surely’s highest identified for its indoor floating marketplace, mimicking the ones in close by provinces and showcasing native merchandise and delicacies.
Nearest Station: Charoennakorn Station (Sky Teach Gold Line by the use of Krung Thon Buri BTS Station) or Saphan Taksin BTS Station (then ferry from Sathorn Pier to IconSIAM)
Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday, 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM.
- Bangkok Chinatown. Fashionable for its retail outlets, particularly close to Charoenkrung Street. However there also are temples across the district. To be truthful, it’s now not as grand or as visually arresting as Chinatowns in different nations, until you go to throughout the Chinese language New Yr, when the district actually involves existence. Methods to get there: Take the Skytrain to S6 Saphan Taksin Station (BTS Silom Line), take Go out 2, and stroll to the boat terminal. Purchase a price ticket and board a Chao Phraya Specific Boat. Alight on the Ratchawong Pier (N5) and make your means on foot from Ratchawong Street to Sampeng Lane and Yaowarat Street.
Listed below are one of the crucial highest spaces to satiate your interior shopaholic! We’ll be making a separate, extra detailed article about those spots in some other publish.
- Pratunam. Bangkok’s hottest buying groceries district. Between its busy alleys are even busier blocks full of indoor and outside stalls promoting most commonly attire and equipment. Smack on the center of the realm stand two huge shops — Platinum Buying groceries Mall and the Paladium Global Buying groceries — each stuffed to the brim with cut price unearths. Some of these concentrate on wholesale, additionally they promote in retail amounts.
Methods to get right here: Take the MRT to Ratchaprarop Station and stroll south from there. It will have to take round 10 mins. On the other hand, you’ll additionally take the BTS Skytrain Machine and get off at Chit Lom Station.
- Chatuchak Weekend Marketplace. In case your go to in Bangkok falls on a weekend, squeeze this into your itinerary. This retail paradise is a labyrinth made from retail outlets, as soon as widespread best to wholesale buyers however in the end turned into a favourite appeal amongst vacationers. Right here you’ll to find nearly anything else you’ll recall to mind: from souvenirs to flora to garments to furnishings to boulevard meals! Prioritize this over Pratunam. We discovered that many of the pieces in Pratunam also are offered right here at a inexpensive value. (That stated, I believe Pratunam has a a lot more various variety in terms of attire.)
Nearest BTS Station: Mo Chit Station, take go out 1.
- Siam Sq.. Made extra widespread to foreigners because the capturing location for the hit film The Love of Siam, Siam Sq. does now not cover itself with pretenses of being culturally vital. This is a buying groceries and leisure district. But, when you consider it, it by hook or by crook represents a technology — a more youthful, extra industrialized, extra stylish Bangkok. Catering most commonly to university scholars and younger adults, Siam Sq. incorporates a number of blocks harboring a wide selection of shops — over 100 of ’em — attire stalls, boutiques, bookshops, document shops, eating places, cafes, even cinemas. Methods to get right here: Take the BTS Skytrain Machine and get off at Siam Station.
- Ratchada (Teach Evening Marketplace). The colourful rows of tent stalls of Ratchada (New Rot Fai Marketplace) will completely fill your stomachs with its large choice of inexpensive Thai delicacies and global dishes— snacks, boulevard meals, goodies, unique cuisine, and milk teas! The marketplace additionally provides inexpensive clothes, equipment, footwear, and lots of extra!
Nearest Teach Station: Bangkok MRT Thailand Cultural Centre Station. Take Go out 3, then stroll against Esplanade Mall. Ratchada is positioned simply beside the mall.
⛔️ Opening Hours: As of this writing, Ratchada Evening Marketplace stays briefly CLOSED!
We’ll be making a extra detailed model of this text quickly. However within the interim, right here’s a snappy rundown of our favourite puts to consume in Bangkok.
- Thipsamai, the place we had the most productive pad thai of our lives. It’s stated to be the primary retailer to serve the now ubiquitous noodle dish. It makes use of thinner rice noodles lined in shrimp oil.
Michelin bib gourmet awardee
Deal with: 313 315 Maha Chai Rd, Samran Rat, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200, Thailand
Bestsellers: Pad Thai, ฿105; Pad Thai with prawns: ฿150
Open: 10AM – 12MN for takeaway best; 5PM – 12MN, dine in & takeout
- Jeh O Chula (Jay Oh), for the most productive inexpensive tom yum noodle soup! It’s loopy widespread that queuing can take as much as 2 hours, until you arrive early. We arrived previous 4pm, simply in time for the hole. However slightly 5 mins when we arrived, the road grew temporarily. If it’s essential to, reserve a desk by the use of Klook. Those that ebook with Klook have a separate line, which is far shorter. Reserve right here! ✅
Michelin bib gourmet awardee
Deal with: 113 ซอย จรัสเมือง Rong Muang, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Bestsellers: Tom yum mama (highly spiced tom yum noodle soup), undeniable ฿150, with meatballs, squid, shrimps and crispy beef abdominal, ฿300; salmon salad, ฿300.
Open: Day by day 4:30PM-12MN
- Polo Fried Rooster, some other Michelin-recognized status quo simply throughout Lumphini Park in Silom house. It began out as a humble boulevard stall however grew to turn out to be a right kind eatery serving only some Thai favorites.
Deal with: 137/1-3,9 10 Sanam Khli Alley, Lumphini, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Bestsellers: Fried rooster part, ฿130; som tam (papaya salad) with salted egg and dried shrimp, ฿80; beef larb/laap (highly spiced bitter minced meat salad), ฿80.
Running Hours: Day by day 7am-8:30pm
- Moo Yang Mae Sumontha, a hidden stall within Chatuchak Marketplace serving moo yang (grilled beef). However its model is roasted honey glazed, which is extremely gentle, succulent, and correctly cooked.
Deal with: 587 โครงการ 22 ซอย 4 /2ตลาดนัด จตุจักร 10 Kamphaeng Phet 2 Rd, Chatuchak, Bangkok
Bestseller: Roasted honey glazed beef, ฿60 in line with 100g.
Open: Weekends 8AM-6PM
- Kuang Heng Rooster Rice, established 1932. If you happen to get hungry whilst buying groceries round Pratunam, that is where to fill up that vacant tummy! It’s positioned simply subsequent to Platinum Mall and around the boulevard from Palladium.
Deal with: 930 Phetchaburi Rd, Makkasan, Phaya Thai, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Bestsellers: Hainanese rooster and deep-fried rooster, ฿50 (unmarried); rooster/beef satay, ฿80 in line with 10 sticks.
Open: Day by day 7am-10pm
- Jay Fai, with one Michelin big name and featured at the Netflix sequence Side road Meals. It’s so extremely widespread that we nonetheless haven’t been ready to check out it. It doesn’t settle for reservations previously, so you wish to have to turn up and fall in line early to be regarded as for the waitlist. We tried 3 times however the waitlist used to be all the time complete by the point we arrived. Nonetheless, I’m including it to this listing so it’s essential to check out it for your self.
Deal with: 327 Maha Chai Rd, Samran Rat, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200, Thailand
Bestsellers: Hainanese rooster and deep-fried rooster, ฿50 (unmarried); rooster/beef satay, ฿80 in line with 10 sticks.
Open: Wednesday-Saturday, 9am-9pm
Under is the listing of the costs of commonplace pieces that you’re going to want for a comfy finances keep in Bangkok! Keep in mind that the figures are in Thai Baht.
FAST FOOD & CONVENIENCE STORE
- Bottled water (500ml): ฿6-12
- Bottle of softdrink (550ml): ฿20
- 7-11 rice meal: ฿40-55
- Giant Mac (McDonald’s): ฿128
- Grilled meat: ฿10-30 in line with stick
- Pad thai: ฿50-60
- Noodle soup: ฿50-70
- Rice foods: ฿50-100
- Grand Palace: ฿500
- Wat Pho: ฿200
- Wat Arun: ฿100
- Siriraj Clinical Museum: ฿200
- Mahanakhon Skywalk: ฿836
- Dream Global Bangkok: ฿575
- Siam Wonderful Park: ฿650
- BTS/MRT fare: ฿16-52
- Taxi flagdown fee: ฿35
- Grabcar inside the metropolis: ฿100-280, relying on distance/visitors prerequisites
TOURS (with Transfers)
- Maeklong Railway Marketplace + Damnoen/Amphawa Floating Marketplace: ฿1356
- Ayutthaya: ฿1690
- Pattaya + Koh Larn: ฿2239
Right here’s a pattern itinerary you can use. We stayed for much longer, however when you have best a longer weekend to spend in Bangkok, right here’s one thing to imagine.
Observe that this itinerary assumes that you simply’re a birthday celebration of two, splitting one of the crucial prices, and that you simply’re staying at a resort in Siam, on the subject of BTS Nationwide Stadium Station. Be at liberty to regulate right here and there to check your resort location, flight time table, and your commute personal tastes.
DAY 1: MAHANAKHON SKYWALK & JEH-O-CHULA
01:00 PM – Arrival in Bangkok
– Pickup Knowledge SIM Card & Rabbit Card
02:30 PM – Teach to Phaya Thai Station ฿45
– Switch to BTS to Siam, ฿25
03:00 PM – Stroll for your resort, examine in, clean up
04:00 PM – Teach to BTS Chong Nonsi Station, ฿28
04:15 PM – Mahanakhon Skywalk, ฿836, E book right here!
– Kick back and wait till sundown
07:00 PM – Teach to BTS Nationwide Stadium, ฿28
07:15 PM – Stroll to Jeh-O Chula
07:30 PM – Devour tom yum set at Jeh-O Chula, ฿350/pax, Reserve right here!!
09:00 PM – Stroll or educate to Siam, ฿22
09:30 PM – Again to resort, lighting out
DAY 2: DIY TEMPLES TOUR & KHAO SAN ROAD
07:00am – Get up name
08:00am – Teach to BTS Saphan Taksin Station, ฿37
08:30am – Stroll to Sathorn Pier
08:45am – Board orange-flag boat, ฿15
09:15am – Get off at N9 Tha Chang Pier
09:30am – Grand Palace Complicated, ฿500
10:00am – FREE Excursion at Temple of Emerald Buddha
11:00am – Lunch, ฿100
12:00pm – FREE go back and forth to Sala Chalermkrung Royal Theatre
01:00pm – Khon Efficiency (incorporated in Palace price ticket)
01:45pm – Stroll to Wat Pho
02:00pm – Wat Pho, ฿200
03:30pm – Boat to the opposite facet of the river, ฿5
03:45pm – Discover Wat Arun, ฿100
05:00pm – Boat to the opposite facet (Tha Thien*), ฿5
05:15pm – Boat to N13 Phra Arthit, ฿15
05:40pm – Stroll to Khao San Street
06:00pm – Dinner & beverages at Khao San, ฿400
09:00pm – Taxi/clutch to Silom, ฿100/pax
*Observe: Tha Thien/Tha Tian Pier is briefly closed for renovation, as of Dec 2022. For now, you could stroll all of the as far back as Tha Chang and catch the boat to Phra Arthit Pier.
DAY 3: FLOATING MARKET DAY TOUR
07:00am – Get up name
07:15am – BTS to Siam Station, ฿15
09:30am – Floating/Railway Marketplace Excursion ฿1356, E book right here!
Further meals finances: ฿250/pax
Excursion information tip: ฿50/pax
06:20pm – Dinner: ฿120
09:30pm – BTS to resort, ฿15
10:00pm – Again to resort, lighting out
Day 4: SHOPPING, DEPARTURE
A: If this falls on a weekend
08:00am – Get up name, take a look at, go away luggage
08:40am – BTS to Chatuchak Park Station, ฿42
09:00am – Store at Chatuchak Marketplace
11:00am – Lunch at Moo Yang Mae Sumontha, ฿120
11:30am – Proceed buying groceries
02:00 PM – BTS again to resort, ฿42
02:20pm – Again to resort, select up luggage
02:50pm – BTS to Phaya Thai Station ฿25
– Switch to ARL to Suvarnabhumi Airport, ฿45
03:30 PM – Flight examine in
06:45 PM – Flight out
B: If this falls on a weekday
08:00am – Get up name, take a look at, go away luggage
08:40am – BTS+ARL to Ratchaprapop Station
09:00am – Platinum + Palladium Department stores
11:30 AM – Lunch at Kuang Heng Rooster Rice, ฿120
12:30pm – Proceed buying groceries in Pratunam
02:00 PM – ARL+BTS again to resort
02:20pm – Again to resort, select up luggage
02:50pm – BTS to Phaya Thai Station ฿25
– Switch to ARL to Suvarnabhumi Airport, ฿45
03:30 PM – Flight examine in
06:45 PM – Flight out
If you happen to apply this Bangkok itinerary, get ready to shell out ฿5000 (USD 144, EUR 136, SGD 195, PHP 7950), apart from airfare and resort however together with somewhat of allowance for wiggle room and to make up for any conceivable value changes and incidental bills.
If you happen to spend TH฿600 in line with evening in line with individual on lodging, the similar itinerary will price you TH฿6800 (USD 197, EUR 185, SGD 264, PHP 10,800), apart from airfare however with some allowance to hide changes and incidental bills.
(If you happen to’re coming from the Philippines, it doesn’t come with the PHP1650 commute tax but.)
What are the COVID-19-related commute necessities in Thailand?
The Thai govt has lifted COVID-19 restrictions for vacationers. Vacationers are best required to provide the standard border necessities like passport (and visa if appropriate). No evidence of vaccination required.
However in case your subsequent vacation spot is a rustic that calls for an RT-PCR COVID check (like India and China), commute insurance coverage is necessary. It should duvet the total duration of meant keep in Thailand + 7 further days.
That stated, the airline would possibly ask for a vaccination ID. On our most up-to-date go back and forth in November, we flew with other airways. Whilst Thai Airlines didn’t ask to look any evidence of vaccination, Philippine Airways (PAL) requested my teammates for his or her vaccination card/certificates, they usually complied. I’m now not certain if that’s legitimate airline coverage or what would have took place in the event that they didn’t have it, however they did ask.
However as a result of well being insurance policies exchange speedy particularly those ordinary instances, please double examine the most recent laws with the Thai government and the airline prior to your go back and forth.
*This phase is as of January 2023
Is Bangkok secure?
Sure, Bangkok is usually secure and tourist-friendly. After all, you will have to nonetheless use commonplace sense all the time, and don’t flash your units within the open or go away your valuables unattended.
My best frustration with Bangkok is that it has greater than its percentage of scams focused on vacationers, so all the time watch out.
What are the typical Bangkok scams?
Bangkok’s scams are extra arranged than they seem. One in style modus operandi comes to other people loitering by way of the gate of temples (or different vacationer spots) and coming near vacationers. I nearly fell for this on my first go back and forth. They’re very pleasant, they usually normally introduce themselves as lecturers. They declare that the web site you’re about to go to is closed as a result of this is a vacation and that they know a extra stunning position that isn’t on vacationer maps. They then hail a random tuktuk (which isn’t random at serious about the motive force is a part of the rip-off) and excursion you round. You are going to be taken to a jewellery retailer promoting overpriced gem stones and equipment. The tuktuk might also overcharge you for the trip.
Khao San Street could also be rife with scams. You’ll to find vacationer brokers promoting all types of transportation tickets that turn into lower than what they promise. As an example, you’ll to find numerous “direct buses” to Siem Reap, however maximum of them don’t seem to be actually direct as they contain switching cars at one level throughout the go back and forth. Worse, a few of these buses quit at “commute companies” that can promote you pretend visa.
Patpong could also be infamous for scams. You’ll be invited by way of barkers to a horny membership to look a “pingpong display” or different mind-blowing displays, to mention the least. They’ll say the display is unfastened however you should order a drink. The catch is, the drink is ridiculously overpriced.
As in another metropolis, watch out and vigilant. If one thing sounds too just right to be true, it most definitely is.
When is the most productive time to go to Bangkok?
November to February, when the temperature and precipitation ranges are sort and occasional. However on account of the delightful climate, additionally it is the height season. Prime season starts in November and results in April, round Songkran Pageant (Thai New Yr, April 13-15). If you happen to’re visiting inside of this era, get ready to percentage town with hundreds of thousands of alternative vacationers.
Bangkok may’ve been a year-round vacation spot if it weren’t for the bouts of rain and flooding issues, which is why it’s best to steer clear of the wettest months.
Wet season is from Would possibly to October, however the wettest months are September-October. Now we have attempted touring to Bangkok in January, July, August, September, October, and November, and we will be able to let you know that the precipitation degree can for sure have an effect on your total commute enjoy. We’ve been stranded in some websites on account of torrential rains and flooding and ended up losing a lot of our time.
What’s tipping coverage in Bangkok?
Tipping is NOT necessary in Bangkok, however it’s definitely favored.
When consuming at sit-down eating places, a tip of 10% of the invoice will have to be high-quality. You’ll be able to additionally simply around off your invoice. As an example, in case your invoice is ฿135, you’ll go away ฿150. Identical with cabs. If the meter is ฿105, around it off to ฿110 or ฿120. At lodges, you’ll give ฿20-50 to the porter who carries your baggage for your room, relying at the selection of items. For a therapeutic massage, tip ฿50. For full-day excursion guides, a minimum of ฿200 is alright.
The place to switch cash in Bangkok?
Bangkok has numerous cash changers, however maximum of them have deficient charges, particularly the ones on the airport. Consider me. I made that mistake and misplaced so much within the conversion. If you happen to actually wish to accomplish that on the airport, alternate just a little or sufficient to get you to town heart.
On the metropolis heart, discover a SuperRich Thailand department. SuperRich has the most productive charges, be certain it’s a reliable SuperRich department.
What’s the energy socket utilized in Bangkok?
Maximum commonplace sockets are form of a mix of Varieties A and C. They have got two holes that may settle for each flat and around pins, the form of 2 door knobs or rubber stamps going through each and every different. This kind of socket can take plugs which can be Varieties A, C, and F. In case your plug has 3 pins, you are going to be wanting an adaptor.
Do I desire a visa to go to Thailand?
Foreigners keeping passports issued by way of the Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, United States, United Kingdom, Germany and 40+ different nations can input Thailand visa-free, only if they keep shorter than 30 days.
To peer the entire listing of nations, go to this: Record of Visa-Loose and Visa-on-Arrival International locations
On the other hand, guests should have the next upon access:
- a legitimate passport (with a minimum of 6 months validity)
- go back or onward price ticket
- a minimum of 10,000 baht in line with individual or 20,000 baht in line with circle of relatives or an identical in different currencies, money.
It is going to additionally lend a hand to have a resort reservation.
Observe that when you’re now not arriving by way of air, you’re best allowed to go into Thailand two times in line with 12 months.
Do I actually want 10,000-baht display cash on the immigration?
In concept, sure. It’s the legislation. But it surely’s now not carried out at all times. In recent years, they’ve been somewhat stricter.
Our staff has been out and in of Thailand lately however none people have been requested how a lot we stock. However it might lend a hand to simply comply, simply in case.
The volume will have to be 10,000 baht in line with individual or 20,000 baht in line with circle of relatives.
It doesn’t wish to be in baht. It may be any forex so long as it has the an identical price.