Are you searching for tickets to the Giverny Space & Gardens, situated within the fascinating village handiest 2 hours’ force from Paris?
Neatly, there are in reality a number of choices wherein you’ll be able to consult with this well-known appeal: both on your own, with a guided excursion, with an arranged full-day outing, or a combo excursion from Paris… which one suits extra your shuttle plans?
That will help you uncover that, I made this information with all of the highest tickets to Giverny, together with tickets to the within reach Museum of Impressionism appeal, and helpful data about tips on how to get there, opening hours, the place to stick in Giverny, what to deliver and a lot more!
Are you able to discover the whole thing with me?
In case you are in a rush
In case you are right here simply to get your tickets, listed here are the most productive hyperlinks to take action:
- Commonplace price tag – €11.50 (Respectable website online)
- Excursion from Paris – €85 on GetYourGuide
- Scholar price tag – €7 for college students (deliver your ID with you)
- Disabled price tag – €6 for folks with disabilities (you wish to have to visit the counter),
- Unfastened price tag – for youngsters underneath 7
|Grownup Front||Youngsters Front||Excursion from Paris||Cancelation Coverage|
|Respectable Website online||€11.50||€7||–||Non refundable||Ebook tickets|
|GetYourGuide||–||–||€85||>24 hours prematurely||Ebook tickets|
|Viator||–||–||€86||>24 hours prematurely||Ebook tickets|
|Headout||–||–||€85||>24 hours prematurely||Ebook tickets|
Why purchase prematurely?
Purchasing tickets to the Monet Space & Giverny gardens is tremendous essential if you wish to steer clear of the very lengthy traces on-site (particularly in case you consult with it all through summer time months!) and avoid wasting treasured time.
Actually, the appeal is open handiest 8 months consistent with 12 months and is the second one hottest appeal in Normandy, so it receives vacationers from all over the place the sector each day!
DID YOU KNOW that the Giverny gardens draw in half of 1,000,000 folks each and every 12 months?
The easiest way of saving time and effort to consult with the appeal is indisputably thru a guided excursion from Paris. With this selection, the whole thing is already arranged (delivery, tickets and a information) and the one factor you wish to have to do is guide on-line, which is able to take you a couple of mins!
1. Several types of tickets
The fascinating Giverny village is handiest 2 hours from Paris and hosts two primary vacationer points of interest: Monet Space and Gardens, and the Museum of Impressionists, situated an excessively quick stroll from each and every different, so I’d indisputably take the instance to consult with them each!
Actually, the museum is a great supplement to the Gardens if you wish to have a deeper working out of the sector, the historical past, and the importance of Impressionism and its symbiotic dating with Giverny.
Let’s take a look at the tickets for either one of them:
1.1 Space and Gardens
The pastel-colored Monet home is the place the well-known artist lived for the later length of its existence. Surrounded by means of a ravishing lawn, this home is the protagonist of lots of Monet’s artwork (essentially the most well-known one is The Water Lily Pond, with the Jap bridge within the backdrop), so it’s no wonder that that is the preferred appeal in Giverny!
FUN FACT: Monet purchased this space with a view to create the gardens that he would paint for the remainder of his existence. He individually wrote day-to-day directions to the gardeners to comprehend his imaginative and prescient!
So whilst you consult with the appeal, you’ll be strolling in the similar puts that impressed Monet and actually really feel like you’re strolling within his artwork!
The Monet Space and Gardens are open on a regular basis from the first of April to the first of November, from 9:30 am to six:00 pm, with the final admission at 5:30 pm. TImes and dates can moderately trade relying at the 12 months, so double take a look at at the authentic website online.
If you wish to steer clear of the tremendous lengthy queues on the front (you might want to keep in line for roughly 1 hour), you will have to indisputably guide your price tag on-line prematurely. It’ll value you €11.50 (handiest 50 cents greater than in case you guide it on the front) however you’ll get entry to the appeal thru a distinct front reserved for price tag holders!
Take into accounts that E-tickets are legitimate just for the date and time you’ve got decided on, and also you will have to arrive half of an hour ahead of this on the gate since you’ll nonetheless need to cross thru safety assessments.
The entire consult with will take you round 2-3 hours, which is sufficient time to consult with the home and stroll across the gardens and over the Jap Bridge with the water lily pond. NOTE: While you go out the gardens, you can not input once more!
Price ticket prerequisites:
- Tickets are neither refundable nor exchangeable.
- You’ll be able to print your Giverny Tickets or use the digital model to your telephone or pill
- All the way through Heritage Days (September 17 and 18) it isn’t conceivable to guide tickets on-line, you’ll want to acquire them without delay on-site (for a discounted value).
- Front for skip-the-line and e-ticket is situated at Sente Leroy, door n°1.
1.2 The Museum of Impressionism
Positioned a couple of steps from the Monet Space and Gardens, the Impressionism Museum introduces you to the Impressionism motion and lets you discover its origins thru energetic exhibitions and occasions (live shows, workshops, meetings, and guided excursions).
DID YOU KNOW? Monet and different artists (amongst which Renoir, Manet, Degas and Cézanne), whose works had been at all times rejected on the conservative Salon de Paris, shaped the Nameless Society of Painters in 1874: the primary Impressionist motion!
In contrast to the Monet space and Gardens, this appeal is open all 12 months from 10 am to six pm (with the final access at 5:30 pm), except twenty fifth of December and 1st of January.
All the way through each and every season of the 12 months, the museum hosts other exhibitions, so access costs can moderately trade relying at the exhibition of that second, however they generally differ round €10. Take a look at the authentic website online to stick up to the moment.
You additionally give you the chance of including a 1-hour audio information (to be had in English or French) on your price tag for an additional value of €3.
However don’t assume that that is all going to be an indoor revel in, the museum additionally has a recent lawn with over 22,000 vegetation, a water pond, rose timber, and extra, best possible for taking part in some peace and leisure! To get entry to the lawn, you’ll want to pay an additional €2, however it’s completely value it, particularly in case you cross there from April thru to October, when it’s specifically colourful.
A consult with to the museum will take you about 2 hours, as much as 3 in case you additionally consult with its gardens.
You’ll be able to acquire your tickets on-line (costs are moderately upper because of the processing rate and they’re non-refundable) or onsite. However it’s indisputably higher to guide it prematurely to skip the traces on the front!
- Exhibition: from €9
- Museum lawn: €2
NOTE: In the event you don’t in finding availability at the authentic website online, you’ll be able to guide this non-public excursion from Paris, which additionally features a consult with to the Monet gardens.
2. Take a guided excursion of Giverny
If you have an interest in getting to understand Monet’s existence, secrets and techniques and finding the historical past of where, I indisputably counsel reserving a guided excursion, both from Giverny or from Paris (we will be able to cross into extra information about excursions from Paris within the phase proper after this one).
With this 1.5 hour guided excursion, you’re going to meet your information out of doors Les Nympheas eating place (proper reverse Monet’s Space), and consult with the water gardens and his house, whilst finding out about Monet’s existence and why he was the grasp of impressionism.
And on the finish of the excursion, you’ll be able to keep longer to have a walk by yourself or take a look at the reward store, situated proper ahead of you go out. All this for €58 consistent with individual.
This feature is best possible if you wish to get to Giverny on your own however nonetheless have a information within the gardens. Plus it’s tremendous simple to guide, you simply want to click on right here and make a choice your dates!
There may be in reality additionally a strategy to have an authentic guided excursion supplied by means of the Monet Space and Gardens, however it is important to undergo an entire checklist of guides and speak to them without delay for more information (which might be arduous in case you don’t have a French/Eu sim), so it’s method tougher and time-consuming!
3. Guided day journeys to Giverny from Paris
The most efficient and maximum not unusual strategy to consult with the Monet Space and Gardens is indisputably thru a guided excursion from Paris. Positioned handiest 2 hours riding from Giverny, this is a tremendous simple day outing to take when the whole thing is arranged for you!
Taking into account the most cost effective strategy to get from Paris to Giverny (by means of public delivery) prices €30 consistent with individual (with many adjustments), whilst you upload this on your front price tag, the guided day outing is truly nice worth.
On this method, you gained’t have to fret about round-trip transportation, and also you additionally get a reside information and rapid front get entry to to the appeal, so it indisputably gives the most productive worth for the fee!
Let’s take a look at the most productive excursions from Paris to be had in the market:
- Giverny Day Shuttle with Audio Information or Are living Information: Cross on a half-day excursion to the Monet’s Space and gardens with a reside or audio information, and revel in a round-trip scenic force during the inexperienced fields and wooded plateaus of Normandy for €85 (value with an actual information).
- Non-public Excursion: Take a look at this superb non-public half-day excursion to the previous house of the Impressionist grasp Claude Monet, the Gardens, and in addition the Museum of Impressionism. The outing comprises an evidence of the two points of interest from a reside information and round-trip transportation for €680 consistent with staff of as much as 8 folks.
- Small-Staff Excursion to Giverny and Van Gogh’s Room: Seek advice from the house and gardens of Claude Monet, see his tomb and resting position, and head to town of Auvers-Sur-Oise, to discover the stricken lifetime of the Submit-Impressionist artist, Vincent Van Gogh. This day outing prices €170 consistent with individual.
4. Giverny + Versailles combo excursions
There are lots of cool day journeys from Paris, so why now not mix two of them at the identical day? I discovered many just right mixtures to consult with each the Giverny gardens and the beautiful Palace of Versailles, probably the most common and beloved points of interest in France. (We even have a entire put up on tickets to Versailles if you wish to know extra).
This may be an effective way to optimize your time in case you are going just for a brief vacation to Paris, and it gives nice worth for the cash. Because of this, I’ve amassed right here beneath the most productive combo excursions from Paris… you’re going to simply want to select your dates and guide!
- Versailles and Giverny Complete-Day Shuttle – Discover King Louis’ Palace and remarkable French Gardens in Versailles, then head to Giverny to consult with the creative gardens of Claude Monet. This full-day outing prices €210 consistent with individual, together with round-trip transportation.
- Non-public Day Shuttle – Seek advice from Versailles and Giverny at your personal tempo with this non-public excursion of as much as 8 folks, together with skip-the-line admission tickets to each points of interest and round-trip delivery with lodge pickup and drop-off. Costs get started from €450 for two folks.
- Versailles-Giverny Excursion with Lunch – Seek advice from Claude Monet’s space and gardens, revel in a complimentary 3-course lunch with wine on the famend Moulin de Forges, and uncover the beautiful Versailles on this present day excursion from Paris, costing €975 for 8 folks.
5. Purchasing tickets on the front (now not beneficial)
Purchasing tickets on the front for the Monet space and gardens is moderately inexpensive (handiest 50 cents much less) however is indisputably now not value it. On-site there are at all times tremendous lengthy queues, particularly in case you cross there all through summer time months when traces last as long as 1 hour!
Because of this, I truly counsel purchasing them on-line prematurely at the authentic website online, or a good more sensible choice is to guide a guided excursion from Paris, so that you gained’t need to take into accounts transportation, and also you’ll have prioritized get entry to to the points of interest.
6. Methods to consult with the Impressionist Museum without spending a dime
There are no actual techniques to consult with the Giverny Space and Gardens without spending a dime. You’ll be able to see the Monet Space on a digital consult with out of your pc, however it’s indisputably now not a real selection to a real consult with, and it doesn’t come with the lawn, essentially the most gorgeous a part of the appeal!
What you’ll be able to in reality consult with without spending a dime is the Impressionism Museum, however you wish to have to be versatile together with your dates. Actually, the appeal gives unfastened front on each and every 1st Sunday of the month (excluding for July, August, and September)… Benefit from it in case you’re there in those classes of the 12 months however bring it to mind’s nearly assured to be very busy with vacationers all in need of to get the similar nice deal!
Necessary issues to learn about Giverny tickets
1. How a long way prematurely do you wish to have to shop for your tickets
Tickets for Giverny space and gardens are to be had handiest 8 months a 12 months, generally from April to November, and many of us consult with the appeal each day all through this time period.
To make sure you discover a spot to your desired time slot, you should definitely guide your price tag round 1 week prematurely, and in case you don’t in finding availability at the authentic website online, take a look at the guided excursions on GetYourGuide, Viator or Headout.
2. Opening hours / highest time to consult with
The Monet Space, and Gardens are open each day from 9.30 am to six pm, (with the final admission at 5:30 pm), generally from April 1st to the first of November, however dates can moderately trade relying at the 12 months so take a look at the authentic website online for updates!
The highest time to consult with the Giverny Gardens is from April to June, when the lawn’s vegetation and flora explode in complete bloom. All the way through this time and up till August (the summer time months) is the height length, so it’ll even be extra crowded.
In the event you can not stand crowds, steer clear of visiting the gardens each all through this era and basically on weekends, however cross all through Autumn (September, October, November), when the lawn colours flip purple, yellow and orange… an actual spectacle!
By way of the way in which, in case you’re keen about vegetation and flora, take a look at the flowering calendar (sadly it is just in French), perhaps it’ll lend a hand making a decision when to consult with the gardens!
PRO TIP: In case you are staying in Giverny (take a look at phase 9 for some superb lodging on the town) every other trick to steer clear of crowds is to get there very early within the morning (at 9am, proper ahead of it opens), when excursions nonetheless haven’t arrived.
3. Methods to get to Giverny from Paris
Each the Monet Space and Gardens and the Museum of Impressionists are set within the Giverny village, situated within the area of Normandy within the North-West of France, handiest 2 hours from Paris.
The highest strategy to get to Giverny and consult with its points of interest is with a guided excursion from Paris, so that you don’t have to fret about transportation, and also you get a guided excursion plus privileged front… indisputably the most productive worth for the cash!
However if you wish to cross there on your own, there are a number of transportation choices… let’s take a look at them out altogether:
By way of teach
After the guided excursion, the easiest way to get to the Monet Space and gardens is by means of teach. Since Giverny is an excessively small village (website hosting round 500 citizens), it doesn’t have an immediate teach from Paris, however that gained’t be an issue.
To get there, it is important to take the teach from Paris’s Gare Saint-Lazare to Vernon, a bigger the town situated handiest 5 km (3 miles) from Giverny, and get off on the Vernon-Giverny station. A one-way outing will value you €9 and take you round 1 hour.
PRO TIP: In case you have a Navigo weekly or per thirty days cross, the teach experience will value you handiest €4!
From the Vernon-Giverny station to Giverny, you’ve got the next choices:
- Commute bus (navette): A trip bus experience from the station to the Giverny Gardens will value you €5 a method and take you quarter-hour. The trip bus departs 20 mins after each and every teach arrival from Paris and arrives on the Vernon-Giverny station 20 mins ahead of trains return to Paris (take a look at the agenda right here). You’ll be able to purchase the price tag onsite or prematurely during the unfastened M-Price ticket Atoumod app.
- Taxi: You’ll see many taxis simply out of doors the station, so they’re really easy to get. A one-way outing will value you €15 – €20 for as much as 3 folks and about 10 mins.
- On foot or by means of motorbike: In the event you’re extra of an energetic individual, you’ll be able to stroll or motorbike from the station, you’ll handiest want to observe the signal “museum of Giverny- pedestrian and cyclists” for 7km. It’ll take you round 1 hour by means of foot. NOTE: You’ll be able to hire a motorcycle or an electrical scooter on the motorbike condo proper in entrance of Vernon-Giverny station, for roughly €12 consistent with day.
By way of automobile
The quickest method to get to Giverny by means of automobile is taking the E5 freeway, however it’ll be beautiful dear. The toll for handiest one-way will value you €21 (plus the price of the rented automobile and the gasoline it’ll finally end up being greater than €100) and can take you round 2 h.
While you get to Giverny, you’ll be able to park the automobile within the unfastened parking proper subsequent to the lawn’s primary front, or in case you don’t in finding house, in this unfastened parking space situated handiest 10 mins stroll from the gardens.
The auto is a great possibility if you wish to spend the night time in Giverny and discover the encircling geographical region to your personal house, differently, I don’t counsel it!
4. What to deliver and to not deliver to Giverny
✅ Tickets (both published or to your telephone)
✅ A picnic: you CANNOT have it within the Monet gardens, however each within the surrounding geographical region (in case you shuttle by means of automobile), or within the village itself there are lots of picturesque spots for a picnic lunch!
✅ Pair of excellent strolling footwear
✅ Bottle of water
❌ Massive baggage and suitcases: Simplest carry-on luggage (55cmx35cmx20cm) are allowed, however will have to be carried by means of hand or to your again. Take this under consideration as a result of they do systematic assessments of the baggage/baggage on the front!
❌ Meals: it isn’t accredited to consume within the gardens, however there’s a great eating place and bar simply within reach
5. What to anticipate from Giverny Space and gardens
While you input the Monet Space and Gardens, how will your consult with be structured, and what are you able to be expecting to peer in each and every phase of the Lawn and the home?
This map will provide you with a psychological symbol of the entire appeal, however let’s take a look at the two portions of it in additional element.
The gardens, also known as the “Clos Normand” are the primary phase of the Fondation Monet.
Once you input the appeal you’re going to observe some way thru colourful flora of many differing types till an underground passage will deliver you to the well-known water lily pond house (sadly this phase is at all times tremendous crowded).
FUN FACT: Monet had gardeners going out on a ship and cleansing his lily pads each day ahead of beginning portray!
Right here you’re going to perceive why Monet used this panorama as the primary protagonist of maximum of his artwork, and also you’ll even get nice perspectives of the Monet space!
Following the as far back as the primary phase of the lawn and the home, you’ll cross by means of the well-known Jap bridge that Monet painted all through other seasons and instances of the day to turn the converting lighting and hues.
DID YOU KNOW? Monet in reality painted the similar panorama with water lilies 250 instances to catch all of the conceivable colours!
And proper ahead of the doorway of the home, you’re going to stroll thru a large trail coated with cypress, aromatic roses, and flowerbeds… a really magical revel in.
The Monet space, the place he lived together with his spouse and eight kids, is so gorgeous and distinctive. Painted with pastel colours each inside and outside (take a digital excursion to get an concept of it), the home has 2 flooring:
- The bottom flooring: This flooring hosts the “blue room”, the kitchen and eating room, “the grocer” with tea, spices, olive oil, and eggs saved in cupboards, the dwelling room-workshop, that includes artwork with acquainted scenes.
- The primary flooring: Right here you’re going to in finding the personal rooms, amongst which Monet’s room (the actual spotlight of the home) with its private items and pictorial works and a fantastic view of the gardens from the bed room home windows.
FUN FACT: When the French statesman Clémenceau noticed the black shroud on Monet’s coffin, he exclaimed “No black for Monet!” and changed it with a colourful floral material!
6. How a lot time is enough to spend at Giverny?
However the picturesque the town of Giverny may be value a consult with, with its adorable retail outlets, bars, eating places, artwork galleries and ancient landmarks, just like the church the place Monet is buried. If you wish to discover all this as neatly, it could upload a minimum of every other 2 hours.
In different phrases, Giverny is best possible for a full-day outing, and six hours in general is a great period of time to permit if you wish to see completely the whole thing! Take a look at this excursion from Paris, with round-trip delivery integrated for the very best itinerary.
7. Audio guides
There are no audio guides for the home and gardens of Claude Monet, however there are for the Impressionism Museum, if you happen to’re making plans on visiting it.
You’ll be able to purchase the audio information on-site for an additional value of €3. It’s to be had both in English or French and lasts 1 hour, taking you during the present exhibition of your preferred dates!
8. Amenities within/within reach Giverny Space & Gardens
- Bogs: From the bus forestall/automobile park to the gardens there are public restrooms, NOT within
- Disabled available front
- Memento store (Water Lilies workshop): there’s a huge reward store situated proper ahead of the go out, take a look at what they promote on-line!
- Unfastened parking: a 10 mins stroll from the gardens
- Eating place: situated proper out of doors the Monet Space and Gardens front, there’s a gourmand eating place with a picturesque terrace and lawn, the place you’ll be able to have lunch or scrumptious pastries. Differently, within the Giverny Village you’ll in finding numerous cafes and eating places.
- No baggage lockers
9. The place to stick in Giverny
In case you have sufficient time all through your vacation in France and need to absolutely benefit from the fascinating Giverny the town with out being in a hurry, you will have to believe spending the night time there!
The village hosts many lodge choices and vacation properties, so I collected the most productive one for you right here beneath and divided them for value differ, so there’s one thing for any finances. Take a look at them out:
By way of the way in which, take a look at different superb cities and spaces the place to stick in France to your holiday!
- Luxurious (€230 and up): Los angeles Dime de Giverny – Positioned a brief stroll from Monet Space in a renovated, Thirteenth-century space, this luxurious B&B is surrounded by means of a 1-hectare lawn and gives chic rooms with a non-public toilet and a view… test it out!
- Mid-range(€130 – €230): Ramier – Take a look at this vacation space website hosting as much as 4 folks, situated a stone’s throw clear of the Giverny Gardens. Right here you’re going to have get entry to to a barbeque to cook dinner dinners with the one you love ones and unfastened non-public parking so you’ll be able to discover the encircling house.
- Funds (as much as €120): Le Petit Nid d’Aigle – This pretty 1 bed room rental is situated at a 10-minute stroll from the Museum of Impressionism, and has a terrace with lawn perspectives, unfastened WiFi, and an absolutely provided kitchen… you’re going to really feel right away at house!
FAQs about Giverny tickets
💲How a lot does it value a price tag to Giverny Gardens?
A price tag to the Giverny space and Gardens prices €11.50 for adults, €7 for college students and youngsters underneath 7 and €6 for folks with disabilities. If you are going to buy them onsite, it’ll value you 50 cents much less, however it is important to undergo very lengthy traces.
🎟️ Must you purchase Giverny tickets prematurely?
🗼 Methods to get from Paris to Giverny?
The easiest way to get to Giverny is with this day outing from Paris, so that you gained’t need to take into accounts transportation and also you’ll get your personal information. The second one most suitable choice is to take the teach from Paris’s Gare Saint-Lazare to Vernon-Giverny station for €9 and 1 hour.
🕒 Which can be Giverny Monet space opening hours?
The Monet Space and Gardens are open each day from 9.30 am to six pm, (with the final admission at 5:30 pm), from April 1st to the first of November, however take a look at the authentic website online for eventual adjustments!
Right here we’re on the finish of this in depth information about all of the price tag choices to consult with the Giverny space and gardens.
You’ll be able to purchase tickets at the authentic website online or guided excursions from GetYourGuide, however the easiest way to consult with this fascinating appeal is indisputably a day outing from Paris, so that you gained’t need to take into accounts transportation and also you’ll get your personal information.
By way of the way in which, in case you’re going to stick somewhat a while within the French capital, take a look at this different cool day outing from Paris!
We additionally noticed tickets to the well-known appeal Museum of Impressionism, at all times situated in Giverny, and helpful data about tips on how to get there, opening hours, the place to stick in Giverny, what to deliver and extra… so the whole thing you wish to have is right here!
But when I’ve ignored one thing or you’ve got any questions for me, please proportion them within the feedback beneath, and I will be able to resolution you once conceivable.
Have an excellent vacation!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!